OK Makeup Geeks, today I have my new FAVORITE foundation to share with you all. I love when I find new products that I absolutely love and then I can share them with you. I recently went to Sephora to find a foundation that was talc-free, paraben-free, and mineral-oil free. This is a must for me since I have gotten older because my skin has become more sensitive. I was thrilled to find the Cover FX foundation.
Cover FX tries to be as organic as they possibly can and keep their ingredients simple. I have been using this for the last week and I love this foundation. This last all day and dries to a nice satin finish so it doesn’t appear to flat or look overly shiny on my skin. I find that I don’t have to use much powder with this as the foundation alone gives such a flawless finish to the skin. The big test for me was when I wore this to San Fransisco all day long in the wind and heat. The Cover FX foundation lasted all day and didn’t fade or oxidise or turning my skin orange.
This retails for $40.00 for 1 fl.oz. of product. The color I am in is G40. The colors are broke down into three separate categories, P (pink undertones), N (neutral skintones), G (golden undertones). The neutral shades range from N10 – N110, with the fairest shade being N10 and the darkest being N110. The pink undertones range in shades from P20 – P50 with the lightest at the bottom and moving up in color. For the golden undertones the shades are G20 to G80 with the lightest at G20 and the darkest at G80. The best way to find your perfect shade is to visit your local Sephora and have them color match you.
I love the packaging on this and that the product is in a handy squeeze tube. This makes accessing the product as simple as it gets. The texture on this is wonderful, it has a silicon feeling but it’s not. It is very silky and glides on smoothly and evenly without caking up or feeling heavy. This foundation really does feel amazing on the skin. They key to using this is knowing that a little goes a long way, so it doesn’t take much when applying it. There are no harsh chemical smells or anything that would aggravate anyone’s allergies or anyone sensitive to strong smells.
I also got the Cover FX Blotting Powder that I love as well but I don’t have to use it much because the foundation is just that good. They also have a cream foundation which I haven’t tried yet so if any of you have used it let me know in the comments below what you think of it..:-)
HOW TO APPLY
- Use a good primer, I am using the Clinique Pore Minimizer and apply with clean fingers.
- For my eye bags I have to apply a darker, peach colored concealer to counteract the darkness. Here I am using MAC Studio Sculpt in NW35.
- Now for the foundation, you only need a little bit because the formula is thick. I dab small dots on face and then take a Beauty Blender and wet it and squeeze the excess water out really well, and use patting motions to work the foundation into the skin.
This covers so well, even the redness around my eyes. To set the under eye are I sweep on a small amount of the Cover FX Blotting Powder with a fluffy brush. I got my shade in Light (it’s also available in Medium and Deep) so I could use it under my eyes to brighten them. From here on you can apply your makeup the way you want to. For this video I used the Tarte Blush in “Tipsy”, a lipgloss by Smashbox in the color “Infinity”, and of course my L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara and that’s easy. Really easy, really simple!
- Covers amazingly
- Takes very little
- Great packaging
- Applies smoothly and evenly
- No harsh odor
- Leaves a soft, satin finish to the skin
- Price, It does run on the expensive side with it being $40.00 for 1 ounce but it is worth every penny!
- Clinique Pore Minimizer – (Amazon) (eBay)
- MAC Studio Sculpt in NW35 – (Amazon) (eBay)
- Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation – (Amazon) (Sephora)
- Cover FX Blotting Powder – (Amazon) (Sephora)
- Tarte Blush in “Tipsy” – (Amazon) (eBay)
- Smashbox Lipgloss in “Infinite” -(Amazon) (eBay)
- L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara – (Amazon) (eBay)
I really love this foundation and if have already tried it, or you do try it, let me know what you all think of it. I can’t wait to see if you all love it as much as I do.
Read more from the original source Makeup G
BloCosmetics.com – more makeup posts – BloCosmetics.com – more skin care posts