NYFW proved that fresh, dewy skin and bright pops of color on the lips and eyes are what to expect for the Spring/Summer 2014 season. We couldn’t get over some of the amazing looks found at shows such as Jill Stuart, Lela Rose, Phillip Lim, Alexander Wang and more! A sheer wash of green eyeshadow […]
Last night was not only a big occasion for actors at the 19th Annual Screen Actor’s Guild Awards in Los Angeles, California, but a night for the next big trend in hair: the side swept wave! Hollywood’s hottest leading ladies including Jennifer Lawrence, Amanda Seyfried and Julianne Moore all sported this retro hairstyle with a modern twist.
Read on to see how Julianne Moore‘s hairstylist for the evening, Living Proof‘s Chris McMillan, gave her relaxed, Veronica Lake-type waves.
“First, I applied Living Proof Prime Style Extender to her damp, towel-dried hair and combed it through. Prime Style Extender gave me the sleek, healthy hair I needed for styling. I parted the hair on the left and blow-dried it straight with a large round brush.
On dry hair, I applied the Firm Hold Hair Spray as a heat protector and used a 1 1/2-inch curling iron to create a S-curve with her bang, accentuating her eyes and keeping her hair away from the face. I then used the same iron to bend the ends under, curling the iron in a counter clockwise motion. I wanted the look to be glossy, sleek and simple.”
Are you lovely ladies fans of this Old Hollywood side swept hair trend? Let us know by commenting below, which will automatically be posted to our Community Forum (click here to check it out!) where you can find other beauty related discussions! Don’t forget to also submit a photo to our Photo Of The Day (click here!) feature, where a new photo will be picked daily. Your photo just might be selected, so get going!
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.
The newest face of COVERGIRL — ready to “roar” — is none other than the fun-loving and fiercely talented music star Katy Perry! See All 12 District Looks from The Hunger Games: Catching Fire COVERGIRL Capitol Collection —> HERE! Bringing her passion, playfulness and bold style sensibility to the COVERGIRL family of talents, Perry is […]
All women desire longer, thicker lashes. But no one wants to spend a lot of money on getting lash extensions or take the time of applying false lashes every day. Having dramatic lashes with length and volume makes your eyes appear bigger and can transform your face instantly. So, today I am going to share with you three easy steps you can do daily to achieve longer more lustrous lashes.
- Curl Your Lashes – This is the first step to making your lashes appear longer and thicker. Right now my favorite eyelash curler is the Tarte Picture Perfect. It has a soft rubber tip which is great for curling the lashes well.
Begin by placing the curler at the base of your eyelashes and hold for 3 seconds. Next, move the curler out to the middle of your lashes and hold for 3 seconds and then repeat on the tip of the lashes. Check out my video on how to curl you lashes like a pro: http://www.makeupgeek.com/makeup-basics/how-to-curl-your-lashes-like-a-pro/
- Apply TWO Mascaras – The first mascara you want to use is a thickening mascara with a big wand like the Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara. The bigger wand adds a lot of product to the lashes giving them a fuller effect. The second mascara is for length and should have a skinny wand like the L’Oreal False Fiber Lashes Mascara. The skinny wand gets at the base of the lashes very well and adds extra length and volume.
- Use Black Gel Liner – Applying a black gel liner to the upper waterline darkens the base of your of your eyelashes making them appear thicker. To do this, use a eyeliner pencil as a tool and dip it into a good water resistant eyeliner like the Maybelline Eye Studio or Makeup Geek’s Immortal and run it along the upper rim of your lashline. If you don’t find it to harsh you can do this to the lower waterline as well. To enhance the lashes even more add a small amount under the eye coming in 1/2 of the way.
You should be able so see a huge difference in your lashes with these 3 easy steps. I hope this helps give you what you need to create stunning, almost false looking lashes that everyone will love!
- Tarte Eyelash Curler (Amazon) (eBay)
- Maybelline Eyestudio – “Blackest black” (Amazon) (eBay) / Makeup Geek Gel Liner – Immortal (Makeup Geek Store)
- Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara (Amazon) (eBay)
- L’Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Mascara (Amazon) (eBay)
Read more Makeup G
See you on next post