All women desire longer, thicker lashes. But no one wants to spend a lot of money on getting lash extensions or take the time of applying false lashes every day. Having dramatic lashes with length and volume makes your eyes appear bigger and can transform your face instantly. So, today I am going to share with you three easy steps you can do daily to achieve longer more lustrous lashes.
- Curl Your Lashes – This is the first step to making your lashes appear longer and thicker. Right now my favorite eyelash curler is the Tarte Picture Perfect. It has a soft rubber tip which is great for curling the lashes well.
Begin by placing the curler at the base of your eyelashes and hold for 3 seconds. Next, move the curler out to the middle of your lashes and hold for 3 seconds and then repeat on the tip of the lashes. Check out my video on how to curl you lashes like a pro: http://www.makeupgeek.com/makeup-basics/how-to-curl-your-lashes-like-a-pro/
- Apply TWO Mascaras – The first mascara you want to use is a thickening mascara with a big wand like the Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara. The bigger wand adds a lot of product to the lashes giving them a fuller effect. The second mascara is for length and should have a skinny wand like the L’Oreal False Fiber Lashes Mascara. The skinny wand gets at the base of the lashes very well and adds extra length and volume.
- Use Black Gel Liner – Applying a black gel liner to the upper waterline darkens the base of your of your eyelashes making them appear thicker. To do this, use a eyeliner pencil as a tool and dip it into a good water resistant eyeliner like the Maybelline Eye Studio or Makeup Geek’s Immortal and run it along the upper rim of your lashline. If you don’t find it to harsh you can do this to the lower waterline as well. To enhance the lashes even more add a small amount under the eye coming in 1/2 of the way.
You should be able so see a huge difference in your lashes with these 3 easy steps. I hope this helps give you what you need to create stunning, almost false looking lashes that everyone will love!
- Tarte Eyelash Curler (Amazon) (eBay)
- Maybelline Eyestudio – “Blackest black” (Amazon) (eBay) / Makeup Geek Gel Liner – Immortal (Makeup Geek Store)
- Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara (Amazon) (eBay)
- L’Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Mascara (Amazon) (eBay)
Read more Makeup G
See you on next post
Hello Makeup Geeks, today I have a review for you of my new favorite face powder. I am so excited to share this with you as I love this face powder so much! As many of you know I have very sensitive skin and am prone to break outs quite easily. I have recently found out I am allergic to talc and it is so very hard to find foundations and powders that are talc free. Unfortunately, talc is used as fillers in a lot of cosmetics. It can clog pores and cause breakouts. For me it was essential I find products that did not include talc unfortunately, finding talc fee products is quite hard. I found this at a trade show recently and couldn’t wait to try it and see if worked as good as I had hoped. I was not disappointed.
Emani Pressed Mineral Foundation (Amazon)
I have a really fun review for you all today. With New Years quickly approaching, many of you will choose to use glitter to adorn your eyes to ring in 2013. Today I wanted to share with you some new glitters that I have been using and I absolutely love. These are very inexpensive and can be found at your local drugstores as well as some Ulta’s and the Makeup Geek Store. You get 2 grams of product in every container which will last quite a while. Each one comes with a sifter which I remove to easily access the glitter. I like that each of these are very finely milled which makes them easy to apply. They come in 18 vibrant shades to choose from and at only $8.99 they are half the price of MAC glitters.
I highly recommend these not only because of the great price, but the quality as well. They are very highly pigmented and come in a great color range. These are easy to find at most local drugstores and in the Makeup Geek store as well.