November 1, 2012 by Cassy
Holidays are stressful. Here are awesome ingredients to help you relax.
- Chamomile – good for mild to moderate anxiety. It also has been used throughout history to make soothing infusions.
- Valerian – Valerian may attenuate anxiety when combined with other preparations.
- Lemon Balm – Lemon balm has been used as a mild sedative and sleep aid, although there are few studies on lemon balm alone.
- Passion Flower – has been used as an herbal sedative. Scientists have speculated that passion flower works by increasing levels of GABA in the brain.
- Hops Flower – One of the best relaxer among the herbs, hops is a key ingredient in one of the most relaxing drinks of all – beer. Has high content of Vitamin B-complex and minerals are beneficial for healthy body and skin.
| Tags: Anxiety, ingredients, relaxation, rest