December 11, 2012 by Cassy
I read this article from SupplySide Insights, in which experts and companies are predicting what the trends for cosmetics in 2013 will be. Not to sound overly critical, but some of these trends are pretty stupid.
- Classic Cool Colors – Um…doesn’t the word “classic” imply that it will never go out of style? Maybe it went through a tough breakup with warm colors, left the apartment, traveled the world, and now it’s back, kicking ass with cool colors? Nevertheless, experts predict that 2013 will bring bright, deep, metallic red eyeshadows and eyeliners. Black will be infused with silver or gray mica, and dark blue will work for nails. I kinda like the dark blue nails…but red eyeshadow? Too vampy for me…
- Cosmetic Kits – Self-explanatory. When you’re lazy or clueless (like me), a kit is perfect to help prettify yourself. Also, great gifts for Christmas. But are we really going to see more of this in 2013? Can I make my own customizable kits? Was that an idea for a new start-up? You can thank me later.
- Green Packaging – Finally! This has been trending for all of 2012, so I’m glad to say many companies are *finally* getting the hint and converting to greener packaging. Greener packaging meant more cost, but the desire to protect and save the environment, driven by consumers, are now driving R&D towards innovation and lower costs. This should have been the trend every year, not just for 2013.
- Natural Ingredients for Face – Seriously…people have been fighting for natural ingredients since forever. Well, for me it started in July 2011. So glad companies are using ingredients that are beneficial and safe for us and our planet. This is one thing I hope to see more of in 2013.
- Multi-Functional Cosmetic Products – Yes! Multiple uses for my mascara! BB cream that also act as primers, SPF, and moisturizer…AND it doesn’t clog my skin! Do such products exist? YES! Consumers demand everything, and eventually companies will make it! Let’s just hope it doesn’t cost an arm & a leg.
| Tags: 2013, bb cream, Beauty, Cosmetics, Health, Sustainable packaging, trends